In early February, the decision was made to shift the EFCA One 2021 conference from a physical gathering to a one-day virtual gathering, which will include the 2021 Business Session and a celebration service, on June 23.
This decision was made out of our commitment to the health and safety of event attendees and following local government and health organizations’ recommendations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2021 Business Session of the EFCA will take place at 7:00 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, June 23. Important matters being brought before the Conference:
- The EFCA’s 133rd General Conference will gather to hear board and ministry reports highlighting what God is doing in and through the EFCA.
- Vote on the re-election of Kevin Kompelien for another six-year term as President of the EFCA, based upon the recommendation of the Board of Directors. (En Español)
- Election of EFCA officers as well as members of various EFCA boards and committees.
CREDENTIALED DELEGATE PROCESS
The credentialing process for voting delegates to the Business Session is described in Article II of the EFCA Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws and provides information about the number of delegates to which each church is entitled.
Church delegates are appointed by each EFCA church. In order to expedite the credentialing approval process, please have a church official (pastor, elder or staff person) send names of appointed church delegates and church names and city/state to firstname.lastname@example.org. Credentialing approvals must be completed by 5:00 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
If you have questions related the credentialing process, please contact email@example.com or call (800) 745-2202.
EXCERPT FROM EFCA ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION AND BYLAWS, ARTICLE II MEMBERSHIP
Composition. The following persons shall be voting members of the Conference, provided in each case that that person is a member in good standing of an Evangelical Free church:
- Delegates appointed by each Evangelical Free church, consisting of two delegates for the first one hundred (or fraction of one hundred) members of that church plus one additional delegate for each additional one hundred (or fraction of one hundred) members of that church.
- The senior pastor of each Evangelical Free church, or, in the case of an Evangelical Free church without a senior pastor or whose senior pastor does not attend the Conference, another pastor on the pastoral staff of that church designated by that church.
- Members in good standing of the Ministerial Association of the EFCA.
- Missionaries commissioned by the EFCA, church planters approved by the EFCA, either directly or through a district, and chaplains who have EFCA ministerial credentials and are endorsed by the EFCA.
- Members of the General Board.
- Members of the faculties of Trinity International University who have been granted tenure by the EFCA.
Duration. Members of the Conference shall retain their membership in the Conference from one Conference to the convening of the next Conference.